Askaniiska State Agricultural Research Station of the Institute of Irrigated Agriculture of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine
The Research Station has been created by the Order of the Presidium of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences dated 27th of December, 2007 and by the Order of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences dated 11th of February, 2008 No. 14 “About Foundation of Askaniiska State Agricultural Research Station of the Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences”.
26 workers are working at the Station, 3 of them are Candidates of Agricultural Sciences, 4 of them are Post-graduate students and 5 of them are Research Officers, which have already finished their graduate training.
Main directions of work:
- development of the agricultural systems elements at the rainfed and irrigated lands of the Dry Steppe Zone;
- development of the resource-saving cultivation technologies of crops;
- conduction of the primary seed-growing of registered and perspective crop varieties for the Dry Steppe Zone;
- conduction of the scientifically grounded forage production;
- development of the breeding system of sheep of different productivity directions.
Structure of the Station:
- Laboratory of Agrotechnologies;
- Laboratory of Animal Husbandry;
- Laboratory of Marketing and Seed-growing;
- Certified Analytical Laboratory provides services in qualitative indexes determination of cereal, oil and industrial crops.
- oilseed flax crop variety Vira;
- soft winter wheat variety Askaniiska;
- cattle breed of the meat productivity direction Pivdenna miasna (Tavriiskyi type);
- dairy cattle breed Ukrainska chorno-riaba (Pivdennyi type);
The Institution sales winter wheat variety Askaniiska (nursery of the second year).
Since the moment of foundation scientific library has been functioning. It provides:
- librarian and informational accompaniment of scientific researches;
- component, processing and saving of the fund accounting 2443 copies;
- organization of exhibitions and books popularization;
- librarian and bibliography services for customers.
74862, vil. Tavrychanka, 40-richcha Peremohy Street, Kahovskyi district of the Kherson region